Penrose Library, Whitman College, Walla Walla, WA Nov 2014 – Present
Systems and Application Librarian
- Design and implement institutional repository strategy in collaboration with Digital Services Team
- Design Library specific Wordpress theme.
- Design Library website with Google’s Material Design principle and device awareness.
- Conduct Usability Studies on Library Websites with focus group.
- Manage contents on library and archive’s website.
- Troubleshoot data and access problem in Integrated Library System (Alma & Primo).
- Integrating Alma with other system used by Library and the College.
- Implement and manage Integrated Library System in collaboration with data service librarians.
- Provide technical support on electronic collections.
- Serve as technical liaison to WCTS, Alliance and library vendors.
- Plan and manage library digital strategy.
Mullen Library, The Catholic University of America, Washington, D.C. July 2011- Nov 2014
Web Support Librarian
- Conduct usability studies, analyzing user behavior, and improving the University’s web presence and vendor products implementation.
- Redesign the front page of the library site to emphasize digital resources.
- Research emerging web technologies, principles, and standards. Utilize emerging technologies that have potential for new and improved library services.
- Implement and customize Link Resolver to process OpenURL and redesigning the Link Resolver landing page and A-Z services page.
- Help maintain and configure EZProxy, ILLiad and Ex Libris ILS system.
- Work as part of a committee to draft Library’s social media strategy and policy to better engage users via social media and to minimize the risk of interacting with social media.
- Customize and implement Discovery Layer (Summon) by customizing real-time availability information, creating a Stack Map system, conducting usability studies on Summon implementation, and integrating local content into Summon using OAI-PMH.
- Collaborate with other librarian to evaluate and manage the Institutional Repository in DSpace and other digital systems.
- Help evaluating next generation ILS system and research for products from Ex Libris, Innovative Interface and OCLC.
- Build Drupal site to host in-house databases for special collections and make sure it comply with national standards such as MARC 21 and Dublin Core.
- Creating a student worker management system (PHP, MySQL), and creating library promotion slides management system with WordPress.
- Redesign the patron online reference experience by designing all new “contact us” page and implementing a ticket system to track requests and managing error report automation on the Link Resolver.
- Provide library reference services, producing and maintaining technical documentations and provide training to staff and patrons.
Computer Application Unit, New York State Library, Albany, NY October 2010-July 2011
- Converted an Intranet website into a Wiki based website.
- Revised OPAC help documents.
- Created an Online Exhibit web page with JQuery for Special Collection.
- Ran accessibility tests to evaluate the web page’s accessibility to the blind.
- Built the library’s Facebook pages.
- Created an accessible PDF fill-in form.
- Installed a “GIST” (Getting It Started Toolkit) for ILLiad
- Installed and evaluated a gift management system.
Library Systems, University Libraries, SUNY Albany January 2009-September 2010
- Handled website development by optimizing the Drupal CSS style sheet, developing in-house applications such as ALPHA, OPAC, and an RSS feed feature, designing a library staff intranet webpage, and creating a Drupal-based mobile website.
- Prepared an IT disaster recovery plan wit ha server backup calendar.
- Customized the Link Resolver interface and OpenURL link (Serials Solution).
- Performed ALEPH OPAC interface customization, and ALEPH configuration for a Z39.50 server.
- Set up VuFind discovery tools for OPAC,
- Performed desktop customer support, troubleshooting, and installation.
- Edited photos for the website using Photoshop.
- Recommend solutions for purchase requests and managed budget files.
- Generated web log reports.
Library of the University of Macau, Macau SAR, China March 2005-June 2008
- Maintained multimedia collections.
- Checked in journals and newsletters.
- Entered and corrected data.
- Participated in a workflow improvement program.
A Taste of AI in Library: Chatbot with Microsoft QnA Maker
Lighting Talk: LITA 2017
Preliminary findings for Primo New UI
Primo Day: Orbis Cascade Alliance 2017
Could we talk? Alma and ILLiad integration
Orbis Cascade Summer meeting 2016: Summit & Fulfillment Day
[Poster]Thus Said the End Users: Summon Experience and Support for Research Workflows
SLIS: Annual Symposium 2015 Catholic University of America
Usability Studies on Summon 1.0 vs 2.0: preliminary finding
SLIS: Annual Symposium 2014 Catholic University of America
Summon in Numbers: Analysis impact of Discovery Layer on e-resources usage
WRLC Annual Meeting 2013 Catholic University of America