Programmer Analyst IV
University of Southern California
Integrated Library System
May 2022 - Present
- Managing the integration of ILS (Alma) with campus identity manager
- Managing the integration of ILS (Alma) with financial systems
- Records imports/export from Alma
- Discovery system (Primo) integration with other data source (e.g. Digital Library records)
- Support mediated-access operation to Library’s electronic resources.
- Security monitor and audit
Systems and Applications Librarian
Nov 2014 – May 2022 Whitman College Systems and Applications Librarian
- Design and manage the library’s website. Create themes with a focus on accessibility using the Hugo static content generator and WordPress.
- Manage the library’s LibGuides and LibAnswers, and integrate them with Primo and the website.
- Conduct focus group studies for improving library website and Primo user experiences.
- Manage an institutional repository on the Islandora platform in collaboration with vendors, archivists, and instructional librarians.
- Co-chair the NWHeat accessibility working group to provide training on accessibility for librarians and instructional technologists.
- Craft library accessibility policy and strategy. Audit contents for accessibility issues.
- Act as liaison to campus technology groups.
ILS & Applications
- Manage the integrated library system (Alma) for the library’s day-to-day operation, including configuration, data import, report, and vendor communication.
- Serve in the Orbis Cascade Alliance’s primo normalization rules working group to centrally manage Primo norm rules for Primo VE migration.
- Manage the front-end of the library’s discovery layer (Primo), including frontend design, customization, view configuration, and search experience optimization.
- Serve in the ELUNA Controlled Digital Lending (CDL) Advisory Group.
- Implement a controlled digital lending program for reserves (books and videos) using Alma Digital.
- Manage the library’s EZProxy instance for electronic resources, including database stanza management.
- Manage library’s Amazon Web Services (AWS) and Oracle Cloud account.
Web Support Librarian
The Catholic University of America
October 2011–December 2014 (3 years 3 months)
- Designed and managed the library’s website.
- Planned, implemented, and customized the library’s discovery layer (Summon).
- Built and managed Drupal-based websites for in-house databases.
- Managed Linux servers for library web applications.
- Worked on policies and procedures for social media outreach.
- Redesigned the patron online reference system, using a ticket system to track patron requests.
- Provided reference services.
- The State University of New York at Albany Master of Library & Information Science
- University of Macau Bachelor of Arts in English Studies
- Certified Alma and Primo Administrator
Blog Post: Controlled Digital Lending with existing tools in the toolbox: Alma Digital https://bit.ly/3IAKBjt
Presentation: Migrating to Islandora Liberal arts college perspectives DLF Forum 2019